Guest Playwright for Shoestring Radio Theatre, San Francisco.
Productions are transmitted across the USA on the Public Radio Satellite System, and on the Shoestring Radio Theatre website. The programmes are syndicated to hundreds of public radio stations across North America, are heard on Golden Hours Radio in the state of Oregon and the Companion Radio Network (transmitted to convalescent homes, veterans' hospitals, and rehabilitation centres throughout the USA)
- Radio adaptation of Brandon Thomas's comedy/farce,"Charley's Aunt", broadcast in Feb/March 2015
- Radio adaptation of J M Morton 's classic comedy "Box and Cox", broadcast in October 2015
- Original radio play "The Ghost Ship", based on a short story by Arthur Conan Doyle, broadcast Dec 2015/Jan 2016
Last production, transmitted on 28 July-3 August 2016:
- "Lady Audley's Secret", dramatized in four half-hour episodes from the novel by Mary Elizabeth Braddon.
Next production, to be scheduled early in 2017:
- "The Valley of Fear" dramatized in two half-hour episodes from the novel by Arthur Conan DoyleFor children:
1 November 2013 saw the publication of 5-Minute Bedtime Stories
, (first published as an e-book in April 2012), based on abridgements of classic children's stories I undertook some years ago for what is now BBC Radio 4 Extra.
Details are on the "For Children" page of this website.
In addition, I have been commenting on Middle East politics for some thirty years. I have been published in a variety of journals and on line, and for some time ran the column "Edmund Owen's Israel". In 2008 I published a collection of these pieces, together with some poetry, letters, short stories and a radio drama, under the title: One Man's Israel
.One Year in the History of Israel and Palestine
, published in June 2011, was a blow-by-blow account of the events of 2010 as they impacted on the effort to resolve the Israel-Palestine situation. The book, which starts on 1 January 2010 and ends on 31 December, traces the progress of efforts to bring Israelis and Palestinians to the negotiating table, recording the hopes and the setbacks as they occurred.
October 2014 saw the publication of my THE SEARCH FOR DÉTENTE: Israel and Palestine 2012-2014
- an account of the renewed effort by the Obama administration, led by US Secretary of State John Kerry, to broker a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians.
Published on 28 August 2016:
THE CHAOS IN THE MIDDLE EAST: 2014-2016
The aim of this new publication is to provide an up-to-date overview of the problems currently affecting the Middle East, and set them in context. By providing an account of the bewilderingly complicated events of the past two years and also explaining their background, I try to give readers the tools to understand the complex problems emanating from the Middle East - issues of concern to the whole world.
Further details of all my books, together with a list of my published articles, are in the "Publications" section of this website.